Aqua Box is an aquarium simulation game created by ha55ii. It is the 25th game created on Dan-Ball, released on 31 March 2017.
- Plants grow automatically, and takes up more points as it grows. As of ver1.7 there is a limit of 8192 dots.
- Pinch allows players to grab and move an aquatic plant by plant nodes If the plant is detached from the soil it can be moved freely and be planted on the soil again.
- Using Pinch on a point without a plant node will result in Space Drag. This allows players to push away plants or move any fish in the aquarium by moving the cursor and holding left click.
- Since ver1.6 ALPHA the top of the screen is bounded by an invisible boundary referred as the water surface. This water surface shows a reflection of objects close to the surface. Before ver1.6 ALPHA the upper boundary was grey.
- Since ver2.0 ALPHA the soil is now grey with randomly generated particles. Before that the soil was solid brown.
- Trimming is used to cut plants. There are 3 modes available by clicking on the button multiple times:
- Trimming cuts the plant at the selected node.
- Line cuts multiple plants by dragging a line accross the plants.
- Pull uproots all plants within its selection. This can only remove plants at their roots.
- Soil allows players to spend coins to modify the soil terrain. Soil can be built up or dug away in trangular shapes and each affected pixel costs 1 coin.
- Light turns the lighting on and off.
- Since ver1.5 ALPHA, turning off the lighting will make the cursor a point light source apart from the dimmed screen.
- Sell allows players to sell all detached plants for coins, which can be used to buy contents from the shop. Each detached plant section sells for a maximum of 100 coins.
- Shop allows players to buy new content for the aquarium with coins. Currently all shop contents are buyable for 100 coins each.
- Restart erases all aquatic plants in action and regrows one plant at the centre. This does not reset the coin amount.
|Version||Date||Thumbnail||New features and changes||Blog|
|2.7 ALPHA||11/08/2017||Tropical Fish addition.||jp/en|
|2.6 ALPHA||04/08/2017||Soil editing addition.||jp/en|
|2.5 ALPHA||28/07/2017||Trimming Mode addition (Pull). Bug fix (Plants randomly stop growing after trimming, Root bug, Hair Grass selling price).||jp/en|
|2.4 ALPHA||21/07/2017||Trimming Mode addition (Line).||jp/en|
|2.3 ALPHA||14/07/2017||Soil depth support for Hair Grass.||jp/en|
|2.2 ALPHA||07/07/2017||Soil depth addition. (Plants can now be plated at different depths of the soil)||jp/en|
|2.1 ALPHA||30/06/2017||Soil lighting effect addition.||jp/en|
|2.0 ALPHA||23/06/2017||Soil texture Change.||jp/en|
|1.9 ALPHA||16/06/2017||Plant addition. (Rotala sp. green)||jp/en|
|1.8 ALPHA||09/06/2017||Plant addition. (Hemianthus micranthemoides)||jp/en|
|1.7 ALPHA||02/06/2017||Optimization. Point limit quadrupled from 2048 to 8192.||jp/en|
|1.6 ALPHA||26/05/2017||Reflective Water Surface addition.||jp/en|
|1.5 ALPHA||05/05/2017||Point Light source addition.||jp/en|
|1.4 ALPHA||28/04/2017||Light addition.||jp/en|
|1.3 ALPHA||21/04/2017||Space Drag addition.||jp/en|
|1.2 ALPHA||14/04/2017||Shop addition. Plant addition (Hair Grass).||jp/en|
|1.1 ALPHA||07/04/2017||Leaf graphics improved.||jp/en|
|1.0 ALPHA||31/03/2017||Game creation.||jp/en|
- ↑ The original blog is written in Japanese. A link to an automatic translation into English by Google is also available.