Dan-Ball's color illusions use the effect of an negative afterimage, or ghost image to colorize a normal black and white image. This afterimage illusion is used in combination with the normal black and white image to colorize it.
The player stares for about 30 seconds at a fixed black point in the center of a negative of the image's colors. The cone cells in the retina of the human eye get overstimulated and lose sensitivity. When looking on a blank surface, these cone cells remain sending out a weaker signal in contrast to the cone cells which were not affected. Therefore, a negative color image appears.
List of color illusions
- Color illusion "Stroll" - A building and a tree. Added on 18/02/07.
- Color illusion "CHISHIMAGITYOU" - Flowers. Added on 04/03/07.
- Color illusion "GORYU" - Mountains. Added on 25/03/07.
- Color illusion "HORYUJI"- Pagoda in the meadow. Added on 06/04/07.
- Color illusion "Crocus" - Some Crocuses. Added on 15/04/07.
- Color illusion "HORYUJI2" - Pagoda in a park. Added on 30/04/07.
- Color illusion "SAKURA" - Flowers. Added on 13/05/07.