Gold is the means of trading in Stick Ranger. The currency is the dollar ($), and it is represented by a gold coin ( ) in the game screen. All living characters are able to pick coins up, and a yellow number floats above the coin upon picking it up, indicating the amount of gold picked up by the character. All gold picked up is added to the player's total cash. After exiting a stage, any coins left on the ground will be discarded. The maximum amount of gold a team can have is 9,999,999.
- Kills: Enemies have a 33.3% chance to drop gold upon their death. The highest possible gold drop without Gold Medals so far is 9999.
- The value of gold gained can be increased with the Gold Medal by 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 75%, or 100% in levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, respectively. It does not affect the drop rate of gold, however.
- Selling: Selling compo items and weapons at the Shop yields gold (1/8 of buy cost). Currently, the items that sell for the most are both levels of the Heal's Card, for 6000 gold.
- Gold Rush Card: Characters who equip this card have a 5% chance of dropping gold per hit. Only equippable by Boxers, Gladiators and Whippers.
- Revival: Revives a character at the cost of 10% of the player's gold or $10*LV, whichever is higher.
- Healing: Only at the Inn, restores health to all the player's characters at the cost of $1 per LP.
- Purchasing: Buying items at the Shop and information from the Book costs gold.
- Shooting: The Gunner class uses money to attack with any guns beside the one they started with.
- Forget: Reset character's SP distribution at the Forget Tree for the $1000 per invested SP.
The means of representing gold within the game is highly inconsistent. The various styles in which gold is referred to (for example, 123) are listed below:
- Gold 123 (for enemies in the Book)
- $ 123 (revival)
- $$ 123 (usage cost for guns)
- 123$ (buying from Shops or Book or selling in Shops)
- $$$ 123 (player statistics)
- charge of 123 (Inn)