When a character has 0 LP left, the character will die. If all four characters are reduced to 0 LP, the game is over. When that happens, the game will return to the main screen with no penalties - the savefile is retained, and revives all characters with 1 LP.
Enemy LP can be viewed by buying the Book for a specific stage.
- Onigiri: when consumed, allow a character to regain 20% of its maximum LP. However, it cannot be used when the character is dead.
- Inn: restores the LP of all characters, dead or alive, to the maximum.
- Revival: restores 25% of maximum LP of a dead character.
- Vampire's Card
- Heal's Card
Increasing maximum LP
- Investing SP into LP increases the maximum LP of the character by 10 for melee classes (Boxer/Gladiator/Whipper) and the Angel, and 8 for the remaining classes.
- Attaching a White Stone to a weapon.
- Similarly, attaching any stone will increase maximum LP, although White Stone is the most effective at this.
- Attaching a Zombie's Card to a weapon increase the maximum LP by 50%.
- Attaching a Ring's Card (LV 2 or above) to a ring.