The Magician is a class in the game Monster Box. Magicians utilizes various thunder spells and a fire armor. However, Magicians start with only a single attack: summoning a thunderbolt dealing 1-10 damage at a rate of 80 frames per attack at 80 range. The other attacks have to be obtained through upgrades.
- Electric Shock: Each level of this upgrade increases the Max AT of the thunderbolt by 10 and allows the bolt to chain hit an extra enemy. Costs $(100n) for the nth upgrade.
- Multiple Chain: Increases the Max AT of the thunderbolt by 10 and the chance that a chain hit splitting into two bolts. Starts at 0% and each LV increases the chance to (100x/(60+x))%. Costs $(500n) for the nth upgrade.
- Lightning: After raising its LV to at least 1, when an enemy is within a set range, a laser randomly drops from the top and deals splash damage to enemies. Starts at 0 and each LV increases the Max AT by 30 (Min AT is always 1) and also the chance that the laser can appear. Costs $(100n) for the nth upgrade. The chance for a laser spawning is (1+Lightning LV/10)%.
- Flame Armor: Generates flames around the Magician, dealing fire damage to all enemies in range, even when the Magician is dragged. Starts at 0 and each LV increases the AT by 3. Costs $(100n) for the nth upgrade.
- Flame Range: Increases the range of the flame armor (and while not mentioned in the game, also the range that allows Lightning to spawn). Starts at 16 and each LV increases it by 2. Costs $(300n) for the nth upgrade.
- Burn: Any enemy that are damaged by the flame armor takes extra damage by the specified percentage when subsequent attacks are dealt by any character. This multiplier is applied after all other AT modifiers are applied. Starts at 0% and each LV increases the percentage to (100x/(20+x))%, where x is the upgrade level. Costs $(600n) for the nth upgrade.