The game Mine Tower was released on Dan-Ball on August 21st, 2009. This game is a mix of action games with scrolling backgrounds and the classic game "Minesweeper".
- F: Indicates the floor on the bottom currently.
- Time: Indicates the time used in playing.
- Mine: Shows the number of mines which have not been found by putting a flag. The game starts with a random number of mines and varies on each difficulty.
- Miss: Shows how many times the player has pressed on a mine.
- Speed: Shows the speed of scrolling currently
- The Dan-Ball Logo: Pressing this will restart the game.
The rules of this game are similar to Minesweeper. However, clicking a mine does not result in a loss. Players have to figure out where the mines are by revealing contents inside the cells and using the hints inside. There are 3 types of cells: Blank cells, numbered cells and mines.
If players reveal a blank cell, all the 8 cells surrounding it are revealed. If one or more of the 8 cells is blank, it will behave like players revealed it, sometimes causing an (immediate) chain reaction. Numbered cells indicate how many mines are in the 8 cells surrounding it. If a mine is revealed, the tower will drop for a certain length and results in a miss. The game is lost if an unrevealed blank cell or numbered cell drops to the bottom.
- Left click on a cell: Reveal the content inside the cell.
- Left click on a numbered cell with all its nearby mines "flagged": Reveal all remaining cells around.
- Left click on an item: Activate the item.
- Right click on a blank cell: The cell will be marked with a flag. If clicked for a second time when ? marks are on, the flag will turn into a "?" which indicates that the player is not sure about whether that cell has a mine or not. Clicking another time will turn the cell blank.
- Space (while pointing on a blank cell): Same as right click.
- Left click on the "Skip" button or the down arrow button on keyboard: Cause the tower to drop faster. Useful when players have finished the entire field.
- Left click on the "Pause" button or the "P" on the keyboard: Pause the game.
- Left click on the "? Mark On/Off" button: Turns on/off the use of ? marks
There are items to use in Mine Tower. To use these items, click on the item desired. The effects of items are here:
- Watch: Changes the speed to 0 for 15 seconds.
- Scope: Reveal the location of mines for 3 seconds.
- Bomb: By clicking on the desired area, all cells in the area will be revealed and have the mines marked. It reveals an area of 7x7 cells.
There are 4 different modes for Mine Tower. Their differences are listed below.
|Mode||Floors||Initial Speed||Floors per Speed Increment||Approximate Mine Count|
In the game, points are calculated once the game ends. Total points are calculated as follows:
No. of completed floors * 500 - time taken * 50 - no. of misses * 500
The points determines ranking in game if the player has a DB account
New features and changes
|1.7||11/05/2018||Bug fix (Scrolling while playing the game on smartphones)||jp/en|
|1.5||20/11/2009||High-speed mode addition. ? mark on/off addition. Freezing bug fixed.||jp/en|
|1.4||23/10/2009||Hard mode addition.||jp/en|
|1.2||18/09/2009||Easy mode addition. Mine arrangement algorithm changed.||jp/en|
|1.1||04/09/2009||Item addition. Bug fix.||jp/en|
- ↑ The original blog is written in Japanese. A link to an automatic translation into English by Google is also available.