Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The game Mine Tower was released on Dan-Ball on August 21st, 2009. This game is a mix of action games with scrolling backgrounds and the classic game "Minesweeper".
- F: Indicates the floor on the bottom currently.
- Time: Indicates the time used in playing.
- Mine: Shows the number of mines which have not been found by putting a flag. The game starts with a random number of mines and varies on each difficulty.
- Miss: Shows how many times the player has pressed on a mine.
- Speed: Shows the speed of scrolling currently
- The Dan-Ball Logo: Pressing this will restart the game.
The rules of this game are similar to Minesweeper. However, clicking a mine does not result in a loss. Players have to figure out where the mines are by revealing contents inside the cells and using the hints inside. There are 3 types of cells: Blank cells, numbered cells and mines.
If players reveal a blank cell, all the 8 cells surrounding it are revealed. If one or more of the 8 cells is blank, it will behave like players revealed it, sometimes causing an (immediate) chain reaction. Numbered cells indicate how many mines are in the 8 cells surrounding it. If a mine is revealed, the tower will drop for a certain length and results in a miss. The game is lost if an unrevealed blank cell or numbered cell drops to the bottom.
- Left click on a cell: Reveal the content inside the cell.
- Left click on a numbered cell with all its nearby mines "flagged": Reveal all remaining cells around.
- Left click on an item: Activate the item.
- Right click on a blank cell: The cell will be marked with a flag. If clicked for a second time when ? marks are on, the flag will turn into a "?" which indicates that the player is not sure about whether that cell has a mine or not. Clicking another time will turn the cell blank.
- Space (while pointing on a blank cell): Same as right click.
- Left click on the "Skip" button or the down arrow button on keyboard: Cause the tower to drop faster. Useful when players have finished the entire field.
- Left click on the "Pause" button or the "P" on the keyboard: Pause the game.
- Left click on the "? Mark On/Off" button: Turns on/off the use of ? marks
There are items to use in Mine Tower. To use these items, click on the item desired. The effects of items are here:
- Watch: Changes the speed to 0 for 15 seconds.
- Scope: Reveal the location of mines for 3 seconds.
- Bomb: By clicking on the desired area, all cells in the area will be revealed and have the mines marked. It reveals an area of 7x7 cells.
There are 4 different modes for Mine Tower. Their differences are listed below.
- Easy mode: 100 floors, initial speed is 1, speed level increases per 50 floors, number of mines is around 90-100.
- Normal mode: 200 floors, initial speed is 1, speed level increases per 50 floors, number of mines is around 350-375.
- Hard mode: 150 floors, initial speed is 1, speed level increases per 30 floors, number of mines is around 390-420.
- High-speed mode: 400 floors, initial speed is 10, speed level increases per 10 floors, number of mines is around 255-265
In the game, points are calculated once the game ends. Total points are calculated as follows:
No. of completed floors * 500 - time taken * 50 - no. of misses * 500
The points determines ranking in game if the player has a DB account
New features and changes
|1.5||20/11/2009||High-speed mode addition. ? mark on/off addition. Freezing bug fixed.||jp/en|
|1.4||23/10/2009||Hard mode addition.||jp/en|
|1.2||18/09/2009||Easy mode addition. Mine arrangement algorithm changed.||jp/en|
|1.1||04/09/2009||Item addition. Bug fix.||jp/en|
- ↑ The original blog is written in Japanese. A link to an automatic translation into English by Google is also available.