When the game starts, footballs will come out from both sides. Players have to touch the football when they reach the centre of the screen. Every touch is rated with "Perfect", "Great", "Good" or "Miss", depending on the location of the football. The closer to the centre, the better the rating. Consecutive non-missing touches will raise the combo number. Every time the combo reaches a multiple of 10, a bonus time will be awarded, in which 17 golden footballs will enter the field. Golden footballs always give a "Perfect" rating regardless of when it is touched.
When players connect to the internet and complete a round, the score is used for calculation of the international rating. Countries which have far higher ratings than the local rating will have a multiplier higher than 1.0 and contries with far lower rankings will have multipliers lower than 1.0 (lowest 0.1). The local rating is increased by the multiple of the score and the multiplier while the rating of the chosen country is decreased by the same value.
- In the country selection screen, there is a country which has the Dan-Ball logo as the country flag and the abbreviated name "ZZ". It is currently unknown how this team appeared in the game.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.8 - 20/4/12
- High resolution support.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.7 - 3/2/12
- Bug fix.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.6 - 27/5/11
- Add sound effect for buttons. Title button changed to Home.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.5 - 29/7/10
- Bug fix.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.4 - 7/7/10
- iOS 4.0 compatibility.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.3 - 30/6/10
- Sound ON/OFF button addition. Bug fix.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.2 - 18/6/10
- Online ranking addition. Scoring system changed.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.1 - 9/6/10
- Combo system addition.
- World Cat Cup ver 1.0 - 3/6/10
- Game creation.